Sunday, November 15, 2009
A Day of All Days
It's not everyday that you stop and wonder where you've going and where you've been. In fact, there isn't much reason why we couldn't or shouldn't do this on a regular basis. Taking a "personal" inventory of one's accomplishments, triumphs, disappointments, and losses can have some celebratory and heart-wrenching results. But I guess it's more about the process of going ahead with the "time-out" then what you might actually discover. Far too often I'm on automatic pilot, like most people in my life, and yet I try to take in what I'm proud of, what has been fruitful, and of course, where frustration looms large. Nothing can wipe away all doubt and make you forget about what you're not doing at any given moment- For me, the hardest part is not to feel the immense monster of guilt, resting assuredly on the broadest section of my chest, slowing my breathing and minimizing my movements. And I scream "Get off!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment