
Like most people, I’m sure, my mornings usually begin at the computer, bleery-eyed and half-awake. With a bowl of cereal in one hand, I check email, respond to email, get the latest news from friends on Facebook, and sift through the blogs of some of my favorite authors, Meg Rosoff being at the top of my list. Before I know it, an hour sweeps by and I've lost myself in the fantasies of daydreams (or should I say morning-dreams?). While reading about Rosoff’s latest book, I fantasize about writing my own. The main character- a young woman, age 19, at a crossroads. She tries to decide if she should go to college or run-away from her terrible, horrible parents forever! Maybe she’ll get caught up in some vortex and be transported to another dimension where she has to fight off alien-looking zombies who eat the bones of disobedient children for breakfast. Or maybe she’ll fall in love with some handsomely delicious boy her age, who holds the secret to vanquishing these nightly monsters. Ah, to be a writer. I know it isn’t a picnic all the time and I know I’m making it sound way sexier that it actually is (Writing is hard work!). But there are moments when we all want to escape into another’s world and never leave.....next thing I know it’s 2 hours later and I need to return to my actual day.
And that, my friend, is how I start each morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment